- alz.org – Online information service to help with the care and planning of patients with Alzheimerâ€™s disease
- www.acadian.com – Contracted with hospitals, nursing homes, home health and hospice agencies, managed care, and most insurance companies to provide highly reliable, medical transportation
- www.davita.com – Provides a complete range of dialysis treatments and support services for patients living with chronic kidney failure
Disease Prevention Information:
- cdc.gov – What you should know and consumer updates on disease and prevention
Financing a Stay:
- www.seniorsfinancialsolutions.com – Specializes in Texas Medicaid Planning, Estate Preservation and Veterans Medicaid Benefits
- www.seton.net – Seton Hospitals
- NHPCO.org – National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization provides educational information about care at the end of life
Making the Health Care Decision:
- www.thecarecommunity.com – This site is a valuable resource for families who need help in choosing placement with assisted living, home health, hospice, or traditional long-term skilled nursing care.
- medicare.gov – Medicare questions, rates and Nursing Home Compare.
- medicare.gov/caregivers – Information on enrollment, billing, drug plans, financial issues, finding nursing homes, AARP features and more
- www.cms.hhs.gov/medicaid/eligibility -Help with identifying eligibility and coverage
- ahcancal.org/Pages/Residents-and-Families.aspx– American Health Care Association provides information about skilled nursing and assisted living providers, state affiliations, and resources for consumers
- ahcancal.org – Information about providers, state affiliations and resources for consumers.
Resources on Aging:
- www.GERON.org – Multidisciplinary society for professionals in the field of aging which focuses on promoting the scientific study of aging
- www.pioneernetwork.net – Advocates for culture change in eldercare models from long-term nursing home care to short-term transitional care to community-based care
- www.oley.org – The Oley Foundation provides information and support to home parenteral (I.V.) and enteral (tube feeding) nutrition patients to help them live fuller lives.
For your church community or organization our community liaison is available to speak to your group, free of charge.
As part of our continuing mission to provide the highest quality of care for our residents while continually exploring new and better ways to serve the community, we can provide education and a forum for discussion on elder-care issues faced by senior adults and their loved ones
Contact Ashley Vest, Community Liaison at email her address [email protected]or by phone 830-387-8596 to schedule a speaker for your event or meeting