Leading the Way to Recovery – One Patient at a Time
Senior Care Centers has one of the leading senior rehabilitation programs in the industry, providing physical, occupational, and speech therapy. Within each of our facilities, Senior Rehab Solutions provides a full team of experienced therapy professionals to provide patient specific, individualized skilled treatment plans.
Personalized treatment plans for patients are developed using an inter-disciplinary approach utilizing therapists from each specialty area. Our carefully selected clinical professionals have advanced specialized training and share in our goal to improve quality of life by maximizing functional independence. These teams of valued rehabilitation therapists, each professional, progressive, and personable, have the remarkable opportunity to restore and change the lives of those entrusted to us.
Rehabilitation therapists have at their disposal the most up-to-date equipment for returning our patients to the highest attainable functional level. Our therapists, working as a team and using a variety of methodologies, are able to achieve the greatest improvement based on each patient’s needs and abilities.
Through our senior rehabilitation program, recovery is expedited, functional independence is maximized, and a safe return home is facilitated.
Fully outfitted rehab gyms employ state-of-the-art equipment, including:
Accelerated Care Plus (ACP) full modality suite to include:
- Electrical stimulation has been used safely for decades to help manage pain, relieve muscle spasms, increase range-of-motion, reduce muscle disuse atrophy, increase circulation and re-educate muscles. ACP’s Patterned Electrical Neuromuscular Stimulation (PENS) is a patented and proprietary electrical stimulation waveform that closely replicates the body’s normal muscle and nerve firing patterns.
- Therapeutic Ultrasound has been used by therapists for many years. This therapy device creates high frequency sound waves beyond the range of human hearing. The vibration caused by these sound waves creates a heating effect that can help reduce pain, increase circulation and increase the extensibility of collagen tissues to decrease joint stiffness.
- Pulsed Shortwave Diathermy uses electromagnetic waves to create a heating effect that increases circulation in the body’s tissues. Diathermy has been used for many years to help reduce pain and inflammation, decrease joint stiffness, relieve muscle spasms and increase local blood flow. Applied to the patient through a large applicator (head or drum), Shortwave Diathermy’s effects may be used to assist in the treatment of soft tissue injuries, slow healing wounds and arthritis. Its mild to vigorous thermal effects may also be used to increase the extensibility of
collagen tissues in connective tissue disorders including scar tissue.
- Functional Mobility & Fall Prevention
- Pain Management
- Post Stroke & Neurological Dysfunction
- Osteoarthritis Program
- Contracture Management
- Continence Improvement
- Dementia Management
- Wound Healing
- Cognitive Impairment Therapy
- Dysphagia (Difficulty Swallowing) Intervention
- Dietary Modification
- Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation
- Swallow Musculature Strengthening
- Compensatory Strategy Training
- Low Vision Adaptation
- Regaining Ability to Perform Activities of Daily Living
- Focus on Community Re-Entry
- Transition to Home Checklist
- Reduce Returns to Hospitalization
- Collaboration with Interdisciplinary Team to Ensure Readiness for Next Level of Care
- Patient and Family Training to Insure Safe Transition Home