What is The Senior Care Centers Cares Foundation?
- The Senior Care Centers Cares Foundation is an employee-run, employee-supported 501(c) (3) charity.
- The mission – to help Senior Care Centers team members who are affected by hardship due to an event beyond their control by providing emergency financial aid.
- Financial aid can be used to help pay for necessary living expenses, such as housing, utilities, food, clothing and other basic necessities.
- All requests for assistance are kept confidential.
- Only Senior Care Centers team members may receive assistance through The Cares Foundation.
- Recipients must be full or part time Senior Care Centers team members at the time of the event causing the hardship, as well as when assistance is provided.
- They cannot have received financial assistance from The Cares Foundation within the past 12 months.
- Situations must be a result of an unexpected event, catastrophe or unavoidable situation.
- The event causing the hardship typically must have occurred in the previous three months.
Who can contribute to The Cares Foundation?
- All Senior Care Centers team members, vendors, affiliated physicians, patients and the general public can make a tax-deductable donation to the fund.
- Donations can be received by personal check or payroll deduction.
What are scenarios that meet criteria for assistance?
- Personal hardship – fire, accident, funeral
- Medical expenses (of immediate family) related to an accident or critical illness.
- Natural disaster
- Other qualifying emergency or crisis situations will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
What are scenarios that do not meet criteria for assistance?
- Hardship that does not directly affect employees or their immediate family or dependents
- Hardship costs are covered by the employee’s insurance coverage. Financial hardships that are not created by an unexpected tragedy cannot be considered for financial assistance; examples include: replacing air conditioners, car repairs or legal expenses.
For more detailed information on The Cares Foundation, please call 214-252-7749 or send a message to [email protected].